« VIDEOS DE NICARAGUA »
~ BOXEO ~
Alexis Argüello vs. Aaron Pryor
(9 de Septiembre de 1983)
Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Argüello II
9th of September, 1983……………..Las Vegas, Nevada
WBA Light Welterweight World Championship.
Aaron Pryor vs. Alexis Arguello (2nd meeting)
1983-09-09: Aaron Pryor 140 lbs beat Alexis Arguello 139 lbs by KO at 1:48 in round 10 of 15
Location: Caesars Palace, Outdoor Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Referee: Richard Steele
Judge: Chuck Minker 85-83
Judge: Jimmy Rondeau 87-82
Judge: James Jen Kin 86-83
World Boxing Association Light Welterweight Title (Pryor’s 8th defense)
- Pryor’s purse was $2.25 million and Arguello’s was $1.75 million.
- Pryor was a 2½ to 1 favorite.
- Arguello was trying to become the first boxer to win world titles in four weight divisions.
- There was a sellout crowd of 13,000 in the outdoor arena at Caesars Palace.
- Arguello was trained by Eddie Futch for his first fight with Pryor. He blamed Futch for the loss and fired him. He later apologized to Futch. “It was the biggest mistake of my life,” Arguello said. He was trained by Lupe Sanchez for the Pryor rematch.
- Pryor was trained by Panama Lewis for his first fight with Arguello. Lewis had his license revoked after he removed the padding from the gloves of Luis Resto before his fight with Billy Collins Jr. Pryor hired Richie Giachetti to train him, but they had a falling out. Two weeks before the Arguello rematch, Pryor brought in Emanuel Steward as his trainer.
- Arguello was deducted a point in round eight for low blows.
- Arguello had swelling under his right eye.
- Pryor floored Arguello three times: once in round one, once in the fourth, and for the count in the tenth. Arguello was counted out while sitting on the canvas with his arms draped around his knees.
733 total views, 1 views today